‘GOOD’ Ofsted rating with some areas of 'outstanding' practice.
- In the top 22% of local authorities in the country.
- No authority has been judged outstanding.
- Social workers act quickly to ensure safety - by knowing the children well, understanding their needs, visiting them often and listening to what they tell them to establish trusting relationships
- Successful and positive impact - where children and young people remain in their families where possible
- Possitive response from Parents - saying they receive the right sort of help when they need it and value the support.
- Strong leadership - of dynamic and capable leaders and managers
- Signs of Safety (SOS) framework - that has a positive impact in underpinning its services and casework
- Good outcomes from focus on safety, stability and permanence
- Good early help services – through timely and suitable early help with assessment of needs
- High priority for assessing risk - sexual exploitation is being identified with strong cooperative working relationships with the police
Ofsted also recognised:
- Exceptional Adoption service - is well run, managed and resourced.
- Suffolk’s Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) - is rated GOOD.